- See also: Robot
Weapons come in three classes: Light, Medium & Heavy. Generally, the larger the weapon the greater the damage. Weapons also vary in range from close range to long range. Generally the longer the range the lesser the damage.
List of Weapons
Weapons by Role & Hardpoint
|Gun (Short)||Gun (Med)||Gun (Sniper)||Missile (Short)||Missile (Med)||Rockets (Short)||Rockets (Med)||Energy (Short)||Energy (Med)||Energy (Long)||Shield||Artillery|
|Light Hardpoint||Punisher, Gust (C)||Molot||Aphid (G)||Spiral||Pinata||Pin||Magnum (WP)||Gekko (G), Arbalest (C)||Ecu||Noricum|
|Medium||Punisher T, Storm (C)||Molot T||Vortex (C)||Hydra (WP)||Orkan (G)||Tulumbas||Taran (WP),||Ecu|
|Heavy||Thunder||Tempest (C)||Nashorn,||Trident (WP)||Redeemer (C),
|Zeus (G), Dragoon (C)||Trebuchet (WP)||Ancile (G)||Zenit|
Most commonly weapons cost Silver, if not noted otherwise:
(G) - Gold currency weapon
(WP) - Workshop Point weapon
(C) - Component weapon
* The Ember is not a true energy weapon, unlike energy weapons, it is the only weapon that can bypass both physical and Ancile shields.
Hardpoints are the mounts on each robot that weapons or shields can attach to. A robot may have up to four hardpoints, and depending on design can be in a variety of positions or combinations. Hardpoints come in three types, to match the equivalent weapon classes. The hardpoints on robots cannot be upgraded, re-positioned or removed; (however developers are known to change hardpoints type\location in rare cases - Cossack had a Light hardpoint that was changed to Medium, Gl Patton was designed with two light hardpoints, and later another two were added, and Golem had the location of the light hardpoint changed tfrom next to the medium hardpoint to under the heavy).
Only the corresponding weapon class can be mounted on a Hardpoint. There is one exception to this rule; the Ecu can be mounted to either a light or medium side hardpoint but is not available on light and medium hardpoints on specific robots (e.g. the top medium hardpoint of the Rhino).
Weapon Cost Table
|Molot||20k||Molot Mk2||30k||Ancile||1,500 Gold|
|Ecu||50k||Orkan||1,200 Gold||Kang Dae||580k|
|Gekko||750 Gold||Tulumbas||435k||Zeus||1,500 Gold|
|Aphid||750 Gold||Taran||5,650 WP||Zenit||580k|
|Pinata||290k||Hydra||5,650 WP||Trident||7,500 WP|
|Pin||290k||Scourge||10,000 Components||Trebuchet||7,500 WP|
|Noricum||290k||Shocktrain||10,000 Components||Tempest||10,000 Components|
|Magnum||3,750 WP||Vortex||10,000 Components||Ember||10,000 Components|
|Gust||10,000 Components||Redeemer||10,000 Components|
|Arbalest||10,000 Components||Dragoon||10,000 Components|
- EXPIRED NUMBERS: A break down of weapon DPS and DPM can be found here. Best used and understood by experienced players.
There are five weapon types in War Robots. These weapons are grouped based on how they work and how they do damage.
- Guns: Simple bullet/shell firing rifles/cannons with a flat trajectory and high velocity. They can continuously fire at enemy robots, doing large amounts of damage over time. These weapons are absorbed by all shields.
- Rockets: Launchers that fire powerful explosive munitions that do splash damage. They travel slowly with a flat trajectory (except the Noricum and Zenit which fire in a high mortar/artillery-like arc). They can output a huge amount of damage in a very short amount of time (hence the term "Death Button") but will leave the user defenseless while reloading. These weapons have the ability to penetrate physical shields (such as the Ecu and the ones used by the Rhino, Raijin, Lancelot, etc.)
- Homing Missiles: These lock on and fire projectiles that track the target. With some practice, you can wind homing missiles over, under, and around obstacles. You need a large cover to block incoming homing missiles.
- Energy: Energy weapons are line-of-sight weapons that fire laser beams or bolts of super-heated plasma. High velocity and damage. These weapons are usually expensive and cost premium currency, such as event tokens, gold (Au), or workshop points (WP). They also have the capability of bypassing Ancile shields, making them very effective against Fujins in Sentry mode or Carnages.
- Shields: Equipment used to block incoming fire. Physical shields (ECU) and energy shields (Ancile) are available.
- Earlier versions of the game used mph (not km/h) for robot travel speed, it has always used meters (m, metric) for weapon ranges.
- Any weapon can be "shot off" and damaged at critical health, including holstered weapons such as on a quick draw bot.