- See also: Robot
Weapons come in three classes: Light, Medium & Heavy. Generally, the larger the weapon the greater the damage. Weapons also vary in range from close range to long range. Generally the longer the range the lesser the damage.
List of Weapons
Weapons by Role & Hardpoint
|Gun (Short)||Gun (Med)||Gun (Sniper)||Missile (Short)||Missile (Med)||Rockets (Short)||Rockets (Med)||Energy (Short)||Energy (Long)||Shield||Arty|
|Light Hardpoint||Punisher||Molot||Aphid (G)||Spiral||Pinata||Pin||Magnum (WP)||Gekko (G)||Ecu||Noricum|
|Medium||Punisher Mk2||Molot Mk2||Hydra (WP)||Orkan (G)||Tulumbas||Taran (WP)||Ecu|
|Heavy||Thunder*||Nashorn,||Trident (WP)||Zeus** (G)||Trebuchet (WP)||Ancile (G)||Zenit|
Most commonly weapons cost Silver, if not noted otherwise:
(G) - Gold currency weapon
(WP) - Workshop Point weapon
*: The Thunder is a shotgun, not an autocannon like the Punisher.
**: Zeus at 600m is actually "Medium" range.
Hardpoints are the mounts on each robot that weapons or shields can attach to. A robot may have up to four hardpoints, and depending on design can be in a variety of positions or combinations. Hardpoints come in three types, to match the equivalent weapon classes. The hardpoints on robots cannot be upgraded, re-positioned or removed; (however developers are known to change hardpoints type\location in rare cases - Cossack has Light changed to Medium, Gl Patton was designed with two light hardpoints, and later was added a set of additional two, and Golem has location of a light hardpoint changed to other side).
Only the corresponding weapon class can be mounted on a Hardpoint. There is one exception to this rule; the Ecu can be mounted to either a light or medium side hardpoint.
Weapon Cost Table
|Molot||20k||Molot Mk2||30k||Ancile||1,500 Gold|
|Ecu||50k||Orkan||1,200 Gold||Kang Dae||580k|
|Gekko||750 Gold||Tulumbas||435k||Zeus||1,500 Gold|
|Aphid||750 Gold||Taran||5,650 WP||Zenit||580k|
|Pinata||290k||Hydra||5,650 WP||Trident||7,500 WP|
|Noricum||290k||Tempest||2,500 Event tokens|
- A break down of weapon DPS and DPM can be found here. Best used and understood by experienced players.
There are five weapon types in War Robots, the weapons are grouped based on how they work and do damage.
- Guns: Simple bullet/shell firing rifles/cannons with a flat trajectory and high velocity. Can continuously fire at enemy robots, doing large amounts of damage over time.
- Missiles: Launchers that fire powerful explosive munitions that do splash damage. They travel slowly with a flat trajectory (except the Noricum and Zenit which fire in a high mortar/artillery-like arc). They can output a huge amount of damage in a very short amount of time (hence the term "Death Button"), but will leave the user defenceless while reloading.
- Homing Missiles: These lock on and fire projectiles that track the target. With some practice you can wind homing missiles over, under, and around obstacles. You need a large cover to block incoming homing missiles.
- Energy: Energy weapons are line of sight weapons that fire laser beams or bolts of super-heated plasma. High velocity and damage. Expensive.
- Shields: Equipment used to block incoming fire. Hard shields (ECU) and energy shields (Ancile) are available.
- Earlier versions of the game used mph (not km/h) for robot travel speed, it has always used metres (m, metric) for weapon ranges.