“…Superheavy medium range weaponry. Large area of impact lets it damage opponents protected by Ecu shield or a cover…” – in-game description
The Trident is a heavy missile (released in update 1.1) that functions similarly to the Pin but has a slightly shorter reload time. The trident has a longer range of 600 meters and double the damage per salvo. It fires 3 missiles over 3.7 seconds and deals 2,401 damage per missile at level 1 for a total barrage damage of 7,203. Although the store states its reload time as 10s, the trident can’t fire for the first second after reloading, giving it an effective reload time of 11s.
The Trident is able to deliver incredible damage with the splash effect, allowing enemies with an Ecu Shield or enemies hiding in cover to be damaged. This, coupled with its 600m range, longer than all medium weapons except the Molot Mk2, allow the Trident to be a good Anti-Rhino weapon. Because of this, it is popular in the Gold Tier.
- A trident is a three-pointed spear used as a weapon by Poseidon, the Greek god of the seas, likely from where the gun’s name was derived, due to it’s abitity to fire three rockets, like the three spear points of the Trident.
- Pre update 2.5, the name prefix “HRS” stood for Heavy Rocket System.
- Although not proven, some speculated that Trident has the largest splash radius of all the missile weapons. This claim has arose because it seems that the missiles of the Trident can hit opponents around a corner easier than any other rocket.
- While reloading, it is possible to see each of the 3 missiles being set into position on a revolver. When being fired, the revolver spins, with each missile being visibly shot out of the weapon.
- According to information on older vk.com page for WalkingWarRobots, back in the 2015 year there was a "propose your own weapon" event, and a "revolver-like missile weapon" won the event. After some period, the prototype for a Trident was born, but the initial model was scraped. However, there is at least one picture of a developer working on early "revolver-like missile wepon" model. However, that might be just a coincidence, as Pixonics are known to scrap a lot of prototypes.
|Level||Damage||Cost||Time||Burst DPS||Cycle Damage||Cycle DPS|
|2||2668 (+10%)||20k Ag||11 min||2163||8004||584|
|3||2931 (+10%)||40k||1 h||2376||8793||642|
|4||3221 (+10%)||80k||2 h||2612||9663||705|
|5||3540 (+10%)||400k||8 h||2870||10620||775|
|6||3890 (+10%)||800k||17 h||3154||11670||852|
|7||4275 (+10%)||1.6m||1 d 9 h||3466||12825||936|
|8||4697 (+10%)||3m||1 d 18 h||3808||14091||1029|
|9||5162 (+10%)||6m||2 d 2 h||4185||15486||1130|
|10||5672 (+10%)||10m||2 d 13 h||4599||17016||1242|
|11||6234 (+10%)||16m||3 d 11 h||5055||18702||1365|
|12||6850 (+10%)||26m||4 d 18 h||5554||20550||1500|