“…Superheavy medium range weaponry. Large area of impact lets it damage opponents protected by Ecu shield or a cover…” – in-game description
The Trident is a heavy rocket (released in update 1.1) that functions similarly to the Pin. However, the Trident has a longer range of 600 meters and more than double the damage per salvo. It fires 3 missiles over 3.66 seconds and deals 6,850 damage per missile at level 12, for a total barrage damage of 20,550 per salvo.
The Trident is able to deliver incredible damage with the splash effect, allowing enemies with the Ecu shield or enemies hiding behind the cover to be damaged. This, coupled with its 600m range allows the Trident to be a good anti-shieldbot weapon. Because of this, it is popular in the higher leagues.
The missiles need to make contact with the enemy robot, or else they will continue to fly to their maximum distance.
- A trident is a three-pointed spear used as a weapon by Poseidon, the Greek god of the seas, likely from where the gun’s name was derived, due to it’s abitity to fire three rockets, like the three spear points of the Trident.
- Pre update 2.5, the name prefix “HRS” stood for Heavy Rocket System.
- While reloading, it is possible to see each of the 3 missiles being set into position on a revolver. When being fired, the revolver spins, with each missile being visibly shot out of the weapon.
- The player needs 3,268,740 Silver and 14 days in order to gather enough WP to buy a Trident (using all six WP slots and no Gold to buy WP).
- According to information on older vk.com page for WWR, back in the 2015 year there was a "propose your own weapon" event, and a "revolver-like missile weapon" won the event. After some period, the prototype for a Trident was born, but the initial model was scrapped. However, there is at least one picture of a developer working on early "revolver-like missile weapon" model. However, that might be just a coincidence, as Pixonic is known to scrap a lot of prototypes.
|Level||Damage||Cost||Time||Burst DPS||Cycle Damage||Cycle DPS|
|2||2800 (+10%)||20k Ag||11 min||2270||8400||613|
|3||3080 (+10%)||40k||1 h||2497||9240||674|
|4||3380 (+10%)||80k||2 h||2741||10140||740|
|5||3710 (+10%)||400k||8 h||3008||11130||812|
|6||4080 (+10%)||800k||17 h||3308||12240||893|
|7||4480 (+10%)||1.6m||1 d 9 h||3632||13440||981|
|8||4920 (+10%)||3m||1 d 18 h||3989||14760||1077|
|9||5410 (+10%)||6m||2 d 2 h||4386||16230||1185|
|10||5950 (+10%)||10m||2 d 13 h||4824||17850||1303|
|11||6540 (+10%)||16m||3 d 11 h||5303||19620||1432|
|12||7190 (+10%)||26m||4 d 18 h||5830||21570||1574|