FANDOM


  • So after much misunderstanding, I've finally obtained Pixonic's official stance on the use of input peripherals with the game. This includes controllers, keyboard, mouse, and any other devices you wish to use with the game.

    PS. My original support tickets read as follows:

    Mr. Zeus Fury here had far too much health! Please investigate pilot id ZCKMQU
    Is the use of input peripherals with the game considered cheating? For example controller, keyboard, mouse, etc.
    
    Controllers allowed
      Loading editor
    • I've seen an indestructible stalker at least twice. Didn't think of that as a hacker with a nine hundred million hp. I thought it was lag and hits not registering on a particular player (only stalkers in my case.. Or maybe a Cossack too?)

        Loading editor
    • Boom! Nice one Weed, nice to have it in black and white about controllers, keyboards, mice etc

        Loading editor
    • Doesn't say emulators are OK lol.. Doh!

        Loading editor
    • That's horrible. I'm totally disappointed they don't care about competitiveness.

      To be competitive you need everyone on a even playing field.

        Loading editor
    • You do realize that the horrible amount of glitches memu has more than makes up for slightly better aiming and less lag, right?

      If an iPad 2 air owner won against an iPad owner, would you cry unfair as well?

        Loading editor
    • What glitches? What glitches does my tablet have with no lag even with everyone shooting orkans? What glitches does my controller to touch mapping have? None. It would be considered an unfair advantage to play with different equipment in any kind of sport, it gives an advantage of some kind period. That being said, Pixonic says that because they have very little means to enforce banning other forms of control. I will always maintain it gives an advantage.

        Loading editor
    • Yes it gives an advantage, but not for everyone. Until you try it you will never know which means of control is best for you. In general controller/KB+M performs better than touchscreen, but controller vs KB+M is an old debate that really just boils down to personal preference. It seems a lot of people are more used to console games so they prefer controllers, but I think KB+M is more accessible so I always suggest people try that before purchasing a controller for the game.

      Pixonic also knows that augmented controls are very popular among the playerbase and banning them would do little good... after all, this is a casual game and it won't take much to drive those players away.

        Loading editor
    • I'mWithTheGuyWithTheShirtThatSaysI'mWithStupid wrote: You do realize that the horrible amount of glitches memu has more than makes up for slightly better aiming and less lag, right?

      If an iPad 2 air owner won against an iPad owner, would you cry unfair as well?

      I think you need to understand what competitive means... Europa team gets to play a Premeir League team, but Europa won't be called for tackling players, I'd still bet the Premier League team would still win. But the game is no longer competitive as their not playing by the same rules.

      P.S. In the last thread your slip was showing, don't be so thin skinned and use banning someone as a "I'm automatically right in this debate because I have power" trip. It's immature when it was a debate about a relevant topic without personal attacks being thrown...

        Loading editor
    • Stygianumbra wrote: What glitches? What glitches does my tablet have with no lag even with everyone shooting orkans? What glitches does my controller to touch mapping have? None. It would be considered an unfair advantage to play with different equipment in any kind of sport, it gives an advantage of some kind period. That being said, Pixonic says that because they have very little means to enforce banning other forms of control. I will always maintain it gives an advantage.

      Don't always maintain it gives an advantage. Strayed will ban you.
      Imagedjhskjvhs
        Loading editor
    • Great weed. I knew anyone that considered using a keyboard and mouse to be cheating was a dumbass. Great to have pix confirm it.

      And I bet emu is not cheating either.

        Loading editor
    • Almostrice wrote: Great weed. I knew anyone that considered using a keyboard and mouse to be cheating was a dumbass. Great to have pix confirm it.

      And I bet emu is not cheating either.

      It's not cheating if it's condoned.

      It does take away a level playing field. This is regarding emu.

        Loading editor
    • And I believe I already said this.

      Sporatic WWR wrote: It's not cheating if it's condoned.

      It does take away a level playing field. This is regarding emu.

      Level playing field is everyone got same chance to buy same equipment. If you use crap tools, is it my problem when I blow you away? Just as long as the program is not changed, it should be okay. So you only want to use keyboard and mouse attached to tablet or phone?

        Loading editor
    • I know what you're saying sporatic and I agree to some extent. But I think there are too many other problems with this game preventing a level playing field (matchmaker, connection lag, and device lag are some examples) to start calling out alternate input methods as a significant source of unfairness. Besides, more people have access to a computer or controller than a high-end tablet, so in a way this could even the playing field a bit.

        Loading editor
    • Sporatic WWR wrote:

      Stygianumbra wrote: What glitches? What glitches does my tablet have with no lag even with everyone shooting orkans? What glitches does my controller to touch mapping have? None. It would be considered an unfair advantage to play with different equipment in any kind of sport, it gives an advantage of some kind period. That being said, Pixonic says that because they have very little means to enforce banning other forms of control. I will always maintain it gives an advantage.

      Don't always maintain it gives an advantage. Strayed will ban you.
      Imagedjhskjvhs

      Let's count the number of glitches in memu shall we? And yes, I was talking about memu.

      Movement keys get stuck, new update broke movement keys, keybindings can get confused between apps, screen flips upside down sometimes while playing, memu can autofire weapons without your consent, activating the shooting button can also cause memu to automatically shoot your weapons as well, screen movement can get frozen for a few seconds after screen movement activation, screen movement can get frozen completely for a few seconds while turning in a complete 180 degrees arc.

      That is in total 8 major glitches that interfere majorly with your ability to play the game. Tell me how exactly that provides an advantage?

      In addition to all of this, this is just a game. In fact, while Pixonic does not provide software support, they do still allow you play using emulators and controllers and in no way attempt to disbar you from doing so. How is a sports analogy accurate when this game and sports play by very distinct rules, leagues, and moderators? Not to mention that the argument by Stygianumbra provided above was completely anecdotal.

      And further in addition, your ad hominum remarks shown above only further undermine your platform.

      The debate shown above was also completely off topic in fact. The thread itself was meant to discuss a specific glitch in memu. By corrupting it into a flame war about memu being "illegal" in addition to using ambiguity to further the debate, it became completely off topic.

        Loading editor
    • ShutUpAndSmokeMyWeed wrote: I know what you're saying sporatic and I agree to some extent. But I think there are too many other problems with this game preventing a level playing field (matchmaker, connection lag, and device lag are some examples) to start calling out alternate input methods as a significant source of unfairness. Besides, more people have access to a computer or controller than a high-end tablet, so in a way this could even the playing field a bit.

      Murder is worse than rape. Doesn't mean you discount rape.

      You don't need a high end tablet, I play lag free on a old iPad. My old G3 played it just fine and that's like a ghetto entry level smartphone.

      Matchmaker needs fixed, there are simple ways for matchmaker to have an even playing field EVERY time. 3 simple checks... 1) Highest bot to establish tier of play 2) Hangar Strength (sum of all bots) 3) Win Rate penalty, 10% for 65%+ 15% for 75%+, applied to total hangar strength.

      Matchmaker then takes the total pool of players(12) and places them on their teams accordingly.

      Squad play is prioritized to find another squad or if one can't be found in a reasonable time a penalty is added to hangar strength.

      There's so many things Pixonic could do to balance this game if they would just look how similar games that are competitive are done.

        Loading editor
    • I agree that matchmaking needs to be fixed and your suggestion does seem reasonable. I would recommend emailing pixonic about this.

      Squad play definitely needs fixing. Similar size sqouads should fight similarly sized squads with penalties applied per person. Hangar strength is determined by person with highest strength hangar as well. My biggest gripe with it however, is that currently a squad with more than three people can get matched up against a fully maxed out squad with fully maxed out players regardless of hangar strength or win rate.

        Loading editor
    • And one more thing, android is much less optimized than iOS, mainly because of the sheer amount of android devices vs the iOS devices that apple chugs out every year.

      Weed himself has reported tons of lag on his android tablet which made the game virtually unplayable on it.

      Emulators are good substitutes for high-end tablets, with virtually no cost. In my view, I still do much better on my iPad than I do on memu, mainly due to the lack of glitches and the fact that I am much more used to touchscreen controls.

        Loading editor
    • i find the concept of  adjusting the  level of bot you can use  according to your win %  ridiculous some people will  just be better then others and  everyone should face even bots if you suck   you should not be given an advantage to try to even things up. but im an old school quake 2 player and   was used to being top of the board in almost every match in that game .however when i would meet up against truly exceptional players i would be happy to get   a few kills in a  one on one match. hell if  i could get one kill on thresh, immortal,makavelli or any of the top players of the day and not go negative on frags id be  happy .. heres a match between thresh and the top uk player at the time  [[1]]

        Loading editor
    • Well, I thought I settled this debate for once and for all when I made the OP. The fact is that this is not a competitive game and the majority of the playerbase and developers agree that controllers should be allowed. Anything beyond that is opinion.

        Loading editor
    • I'mWithTheGuyWithTheShirtThatSaysI'mWithStupid wrote: I agree that matchmaking needs to be fixed and your suggestion does seem reasonable. I would recommend emailing pixonic about this.

      Squad play definitely needs fixing. Similar size sqouads should fight similarly sized squads with penalties applied per person. Hangar strength is determined by person with highest strength hangar as well. My biggest gripe with it however, is that currently a squad with more than three people can get matched up against a fully maxed out squad with fully maxed out players regardless of hangar strength or win rate.

      That's where the penalty comes in, and of course the % could be tweaked and you'd have it sorted out in the first few days.

      So for example you have 3 squad members they have 5. You get a % bonus to team total hangar strength to make up for it, the only place this doesn't work is during max tier play, 12/12.

      BUT due to being squaded and having a higher win rate both having penalties the team with 3 squad members would get an additional high % win rate player which would help to negate the team advantage.

        Loading editor
    • Sounds legit, try taking this to Pixonic as well.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message