“…Deadly at close range. Fires bursts of bolts of high-temperature plasma, accelerated to enormous speeds. High accuracy…” – in-game description
It fires eight bursts of four bolts – in each burst, four plasma bolts are fired within a second. It reloads after the eighth burst is fired.
The Taran is ideal for doing lots of damage at close range quickly, largely to the quick reload time and above average damage. It can also be used to snipe enemies down at middle-close range, as it has high accuracy for its entire range.
Although it has high damage, its short range makes it useless beyond 350m. To maximize its effectiveness, use either fast bots like the Cossack and Gareth at the light end, Rogatka, Galahad and higher level Boa at the medium bot level and the Griffin and Rhino, or big guys, who can withstand damage while firing - Galahad, Gareth, Lancelot. These are ideal to let you close the distance rapidly and deal a rain of plasma on your foes.
- The term “Taran” refers to Ramming in Russian, referencing the brutal amounts of damage several Tarans can deal when combined with itself or other close ranged weapons.
- In addition “Taran” also means thunder in Gaelic.
- As each burst of plasma is fired, one of the red dots visible at the back of weapon disappears. During reload, each one of the dots reappears.
- The player needs 2,453,910 Silver and 11 days in order to gather enough WP to buy a Taran (using all six WP slots and no Gold to buy WP).
- Taran was originally named "E-SG Taran". This name was changed in the 2.5 update (January 26, 2017 update on IOS, January 19, 2017 on Android) to avoid confusion.
|Level||Damage||Cost||Time||Burst DPS||Cycle Damage||Cycle DPS|