“…High projectile speed makes this weapon a great choice at medium range, while large area of impact lets it damage opponents protected by Écu shield or a cover. Deadly at short range. High reload time…” – in-game description
The Pinata is a rapid fire missile launcher with a maximum range of 300m. It delivers a huge amount of damage over a very short period of time. Even two fully upgraded Pinata's are dangerous at close range.
It is common to see three Pinatas on a Leo, Gepard or four on a Jesse or Gl. Patton as three or four of these can cause crippling damage.They are also frequently mounted in pairs on a variety of robots including Galahad, Destrier, Stalker, Vityaz, Rhino and Griffin. They are also frequently paired up with two Orkans on a Griffin or Rhino, called "Death Button" (DB for short) for the devastating damage that could be dealt in one salvo.
- Prior to 2.9 update the Pinata fired 16 missiles, the in-game model showed 17 red-tipped missiles.
- After 2.9 update Pinata damage was decreased, but number of rockets goes up, from 16 to 17
- It was rebalanced in update 2.9, when "fire when reload" mechanism introduced, additional missile added; fire rate and damage per rocket lowered. This results in:
DPS dropped: -23.5%
cycleDPS dropped: -5%
- The name Pinata (piñata in spanish) is a direct reference of the traditional ornament which is torn apart with a decorated stick in Latin American festivities.
- The prefix "SURA-F" was removed in version 2.5 for convenience
|Level||Damage||Cost||Time||Burst DPS||Cycle Damage||Cycle DPS|
|6||750 (+10%)||400,000||8 hours||6220||12750||748|
|7||820 (+9%)||800,000||17 hours||6800||13940||818|
|8||900 (+10%)||1,500,000||21 hours||7463||15300||897|
|9||990 (+10%)||3,000,000||1 day 1 hours||8210||16830||987|
|10||1090 (+10%)||5,000,000||1 day 7 hours||9039||18530||1087|
|11||1200 (+10%)||8,000,000||1 day 18 hours||9951||20400||1196|
|12||1320 (+10%)||13,000,000||2 days 9 hours||10946||22440||1316|