“…Pinata is a short-range unguided rocket launcher. Rockets have a medium AOE (area of effect). Deal damage to a group of enemies as well as their physical shields or enemies taking cover. Automatic firing mode. Smart reload system.…” – in-game description
The Pinata is a rapid fire rocket launcher with a maximum range of 300m. It delivers a huge amount of damage over a very short period of time. Even two fully upgraded Pinata's are dangerous at close range.
The Pinata is one of the weapons that are able to penetrate the Écu shield and while the splash damage is not as great as the Pin, it can still damage robots partially behind cover. The missiles also need to make contact with the enemy robot, or else they will continue to fly to their maximum distance.
It is common to see three Pinatas on a Leo, Gepard or four on a Jesse or Gl. Patton as three or four of these can cause crippling damage.They are also frequently mounted in pairs on a variety of robots including Galahad, Destrier, Stalker, Vityaz, Rhino and Griffin. They are also frequently paired up with two Orkans on a Griffin or Rhino, called "Death Button" (DB for short) for the devastating damage that could be dealt in one salvo.
- In 2.9.2\2.9.3 update Pinata got damage increase +5%
- Prior to 2.9 update the Pinata fired 16 missiles, the in-game model showed 17 red-tipped missiles.
- After 2.9 update Pinata damage was decreased, but number of rockets goes up, from 16 to 17
- It was rebalanced in update 2.9, when "fire when reload" mechanism introduced, additional missile added; fire rate and damage per rocket lowered. This results in:
DPS dropped: -23.5%
cycleDPS dropped: -5%
- The name Pinata (piñata in spanish) is a direct reference of the traditional ornament which is torn apart with a decorated stick in Latin American festivities.
- The prefix "SURA-F" was removed in version 2.5 for convenience
|Level||Damage||Cost||Time||Burst DPS||Cycle Damage||Cycle DPS|
|6||830 (+9%)||400,000||8 hours||6883||14110||828|
|7||910 (+10%)||800,000||17 hours||7546||15470||907|
|8||1000 (+10%)||1,500,000||21 hours||8293||17000||997|
|9||1100 (+10%)||3,000,000||1 day 1 hours||9122||18700||1097|
|10||1210 (+10%)||5,000,000||1 day 7 hours||10034||20570||1206|
|11||1330 (+10%)||8,000,000||1 day 18 hours||11029||22610||1326|
|12||1460 (+10%)||13,000,000||2 days 9 hours||12107||24820||1456|