“…Moon - territory of a scientific research complex located on the Moon. Structure is equipped with special energy installations maintaining Earth gravity level.
Map is fully symmetrical and provides both teams with equal conditions at the start of the battle.…” – in-game description
Moon is a symmetrical, multi-layer fast-paced map, perfect for close range combat.
It is virtually impossible to hold any single beacon for prolonged period of time, thus making gameplay very dynamic, and battles - short. In typical a battle active player in a fast bot could easily get 10 beacon capture per game; typical shorting battles to 4-5 minutes long.
Snipers are practically useless here, due to the cover and size of the map. Using snipers here is not recommended.
Tips from Pixonic:
- Center beacon capture requires teamwork, as you can hold it at 3 spots: the central construction, tunnel underneath and its roof;
- Tunnel position allows for an easy reach of 2 beacons located at each entrance, and is thus strategically viable. It also blocks attacks from above;
- Map edges lack cover, so beware of damage by homing missiles;
- Map is well-suited for robots with jump ability;
- Pick fast light robots for the ease of maneuverability.
- Released in update 2.8.0