“…Equipped with a jump drive that allows the robot to jump and close on enemies when needed…” – in-game description
Griffin (Heavy Robot)
Alongside the Cossack and Rogatka, the Griffin is one of the few robots that can jump. Although physically larger, it can jump higher and farther than the Cossack and the Rogatka, but at the cost of a 25 second cool down timer.
At base Level 6, the Griffin stands at 110,000 health points and costs 1,700,000 silver. The Griffin can travel at 32 mph and, with the ability to jump, makes it quick and agile for a robot of this size and power. It boasts two medium hard points and two light hard points. This robot is oriented around a sturdy assault strategy, as the medium-light hard points allow for a player to stack several rocket launchers or guns onto the same robot. For example, two AC Molots with twin AC Molot Ts add up to six separate guns on one robot.
- This was released as part of the 0.8.0 update, 20th January 2015.
- Its cockpit strongly resembles British bomber Handley Page Victor's nose, body and engine.
- If you look very closely the griffin has 4 tiny spikes on each foot, 2 on each 'toe'
- In the update 1.6.0 Griffin's base and max speed is increased.
- It is named after the Griffin, a mythical bird that had the head, wings and front legs of an Eagle and the rear torso, leg and tail of a Lion. This is likely due to its ability to "swoop" down on it's enemies with its jump ability
- 2.5: Hitpoints adjusted (level 6 from 92k to 110k)
|7||1,000k||117,000||33||1 day 6 hours|
|8||2,000k||124,000||34||1 day 18 hours|
|9||5,000k||132,000||35||2 days 2 hours|
|10||7,000k||140,000||35||2 days 21 hours|
|11||15,000k||149,000||35||3 days 11 hours|
|12||25,000k||158,000||35||3 days 17 hours|
Note: Levels 8 to 11 need verification of health values.