“…Equipped with a jump drive that allows the robot to jump and close on enemies when needed…” – in-game description
Griffin is one of the few robots that can jump. Although physically larger, it can jump higher and farther than the Cossack and the Rogatka, but at the cost of a 25 second cool down timer. (Spending 6 seconds in the air, a 19 second interval from the last jump.)
Griffin is the most popular bot, due to the fact that although it has some serious firepower, it is still sold for silver. It is pretty slow , but with the ability to jump, can escape bad situation fast, or, on contrary, jump into the fight. It boasts two medium hard points and two light hard points. This robot is oriented around a sturdy assault strategy, as the medium-light hard points allow for a player to stack several rocket launchers or guns onto the same robot. For example, two Molots with two twin Molot Mk2s add up to six separate guns on one robot.
- Its cockpit strongly resembles British bomber Handley Page Victor’s nose, body and engine.
- If you look very closely the griffin has 4 tiny spikes on each foot, 2 on each ‘toe', possibly like the talons of the creature it was named after.
- It is named after the Griffin, a mythical beast that had the head, wings and front legs of an Eagle and the rear torso, leg and tail of a Lion. This is likely due to its ability to “swoop” down on it’s enemies with its jump ability.
- Griffin was named “the most popular robots” by Pixonic, according to their statistics, along with Magnum being the most popular weapon. It is not known if these two events are related due to Griffin being able to mount Magnums.
- 2.5: Hitpoints adjusted (level 6 from 92k to 110k)
- 1.6.0: The Griffin's base and max speed was increased.
- This was released as part of the 0.8.0 update, 20 January 2015.