“…Heavy hardpoint is situated at the side which allows for uninterrupted fire from cover…” – in-game description
While the Golem is similar to the Vityaz, it trades in some of the armor of its Russian counterpart to upgrade one of its light weapon hardpoints to a medium hardpoint. This grants the Golem the highest potential firepower of all medium-sized, non-premium robots. It also boasts reasonable starting health and speed.
The Golem is arguably one of the most versatile robots in the game. With firepower comparable to a Leo, speed of a Vityaz, and slightly stronger armor than a Patton, it can potentially either outrun or outgun most robots. Previously, the Golem featured its heavy weapon hardpoint on an elevated shoulder position while the medium and light weapons were mounted on its left-hand side, enabling the robot to effectively shoot from cover and around the corner. Currently, however, the light and heavy weapon hardpoints are located on the left-hand side, while the medium hardpoint resides on the right-hand side.
Having one of each type of hardpoint gives players a wide range of options when fitting out a Golem, but there is a lack of effective long-range weapons for the medium hardpoint, which means the robot lends itself best to mid-range and knife-fighting configurations. The Thunder is a popular choice for the heavy hardpoint because it can be effectively combined with any of the close-range medium and light weapons; such weapons include the Orkan and Pinata, or Taran and Magnum. At mid-range, the Molot, Molot Mk2, Pin, and Tulumbas can also be effectively combined with the Trident or Zeus.
- Increased hit points per level gain (approximately +8% instead or +5%)
- Durability increased by 10%
- New skins
- Bug fix: The actual speed (50 km/h) was reduced to correctly match 42 km/h.
- New design
- Speed increased from 36 km/h to 42 km/h
- New version: The light hardpoint moved to be underneath the heavy hardpoint.
- The Golem is one of 6 robots to have had an aesthetic redesign. The others are the Gepard, Destrier, Schutze, Rogatka, and the Fury.
- The Golem is the only robot so far to have its hardpoint locations changed.
- When in the squad battle menu, the background features the old Golem’s design and hardpoint locations.
- In Jewish legend, a golem is a clay figure brought to life by magic.
- Golem's prototype was clearly carrying a "Shield of David" emblem, replaced later some Hebrew text (completely removed after redesign), hinting even more at Jewish roots of this bot.
- Text on Golem's first prototype MIGHT be saying "Shocked 524", but future proof is needed.
- Different design examples and Shield of David logo and possible writing on it's hull:
- This is the only bot to be the only one in its faction
- Golem is the only robot to have all three hardpoint types.
|3||60,000||85,000||34||4 hours 10 mintues|
|Total||16,990,000||171,000||42||4 days 11 hours 30 minutes|