“…Boasting 4 light weapon slots, this robot is extremely versatile - a universal soldier. Fit for combat at any range…” – in-game description
It is typically considered an upgrade from the Destrier, with twice the firepower and health, but a little bit less mobility. It's fairly common to see a Patton with four Pinatas, Molots or Punishers because any of these combinations represent a massive amount of firepower.
It is entirely different from its counterparts, the Vityaz, Golem, and Boa, all of which have heavy hardpoints which allow them to perform as effective knife fighters when equipped with a Thunder. A Patton, with its four light hardpoints, will fall short in a knife fighter role because there is no extremely close range dedicated weapon for a light hardpoint. Even a Patton equipped with four Magnums, while very dangerous, will severely under perform as a knife-fighter.
It is recommended that the player use the Patton in a support or ambush role. When equipped with Aphids, Molots or Punishers, the Patton can be very effective in support or providing suppressive fire. Additionally, when equipped with Pinatas, this robot becomes very effective at ambushing enemies. Perhaps one of the best uses for the Patton is as a Gekko platform, as these are powerful at long range, especially in groups on large and open maps. However, when one uses these strategies, one must be situationally aware, meaning that one should be constantly aware of how the game is going and where they should be to provide the most effective support for one's teammates.
This robot is rendered mostly obsolete in higher tiers by the Griffin, which is considered more formidable with better weaponry and jump ability, although the Patton can still be highly effective and has higher health at level 12.
- Increased hit points per level gain (approximately +8% instead or +5%)
- New skins
- Durability increased by 10%
- Speed increased from 37 km/h to 40 km/h
- Bug fix: The 3rd slot now works properly and delivers full amount of damage.
- General George S. Patton was an Allied general during WWII. He is most well known for commanding the US Third Army and leading the drive into Nazi-held Germany near the end of the war.
- The Patton features two decals resembling black skulls at the sides of its front, and the number "808" written on its sides and back.
- The Patton was white with red strips during either beta or alpha stages. It also only had two light-points on the left and right side.
- This robot is the only robot to have 2 words in its name.
Gl. Patton Upgrades
|11||8,000,000||154,000||40||1 day 1 hour|
|12||15,000,000||166,000||40||1 day 7 hours|
|Total||32,010,000||166,000||40||8 days 9 hours 20 minutes|