“…One of the fastest robots. Considerably outperforms most of the light robots…” – in-game description
This robot has a fixed speed of 58 km/h, making it one of the fastest robots at base level. By comparison, the Cossack doesn’t reach the same speed until level 9 (however, the Cossack can jump, and jumping is faster than walking). The high speed allows it to capture beacons effectively.
The Gepard is a decent robot for hit and run tactics with decent firepower. Its agility allows it to dodge heavy gunfire as well as quickly change position to get into the range of targets.
These setups are recommended for the Gepard :
Note: Each slot type is filled with only one particular weapon. For example, if a robot has 3 light all three of those slots are filled with Pinatas, as mixing weapons of the same slot type is not advisable.
Close Range (350m or less)
Long Range (800-1,100m)
Using a trio of Punishers is the most cost effective way to deal solid DPS (damage per second), it is listed as close range, however you can deal some damage at mid-range (due to bullet spread the damage is limited). If you have the available resources, purchasing three Gusts is an excellent option.
Three Pinatas or Aphids (more expensive) are good weapon choices for hit-and-run tactics, as it can do this well with its high speed.
Pins being the only viable choice for mid-range support, the problem being low DPS, however the ability to inflict damage to enemies in cover can force them to move out of it, thus allowing your allies to take advantage.
Lastly, Gekkos can do just the opposite of the aforementioned Pins and possibly cause them to move to cover, from a safe range, or deal decent damage if the enemy is caught out in the open, from a safe distance.
- The use of Molots, due to low DPS, and that it doesn't take advantage of the robot's speed.
- The use of Magnums can be done, as you would have continuous firepower (no reload), and solid DPS, however it is not recommend as when you are able to acquire these, you will most like have superior options of where to place them.
|10||5,000,000||89,000||58||1 day 7 hours|
|11||8,000,000||96,000||58||1 day 18 hours|
|12||13,000,000||104,000||58||2 days 9 hours|
|Total||31,970,000||+60,000||+0||8 days 13 hours 35 minutes|
|10||5,000,000||106,800||58||1 day 7 hours|
|11||8,000,000||115,200||58||1 day 18 hours|
|12||13,000,000||124,800||58||2 days 9 hours|
|Total||31,970,000||+72,000||+0||8 days 13 hours 35 minutes|
|4.0||Economy Changes (July 5):|
|Total Upgrade Cost: 31,511,200 Ag⟶31,970,000 Ag|
|Total Upgrade Time: 8 days 10 hours 5 minutes⟶8 days 13 hours 35 minutes|
|3.7.0||Cost of the Gepard is reduced from 1200 gold to 250 gold|
|3.2.0||Increased hit points per level gain (approximately +8% instead of +5%)|
|0.6.1||Robot was added to the game|
Paint Jobs Available For Purchase
- Once appeared on the War Robots app icon with 2 × Punishers and a Molot.
- The word Gepard means 'Cheetah' in German.
- The Gepard may be named after the Flakpanzer Gepard, a German Cold War-era SPAA.
- Used to cost silver but was changed to cost 1,200 gold. In a more recent update this was reduced to 250, a much more reasonable price.
- The robot’s head and thigh used to strongly resemble German Flakpanzer Gepard’s turret and hull before the redesign.
- In update 1.4.2, the Gepard had a visual redesign.
- Although the redesign heavily changed the Gepard’s appearance, some details of the back of the robot are leftover from the previous design.
- It was one of the most popular robots for farming, which is playing at low tiers for the sole purpose of getting gold, or silver. Presently, Gold Farming has become outdated and the Gepard has fallen out of favor for most players.
- It is actually worth its price in the "starter pack", suggested to new players for a $5 flat price.
- It is one of the two Gold Bots who do not have an ability other than superior firepower, the other being the Fury.
- With the introduction of newer robots, the Gepard is considered outdated, and has lost some of its appeal as a beacon capturer or skirmisher.
- This is the only bot along with the fury that costs gold and has no ability