“…Highly mobile and relentless, Galahad makes both a great pursuer and a ferocious denfender…” – in-game description
This robot has a physical shield which is placed on the robot’s left. The Galahad’s Phalanx mode ability lets it switch the shield from the side to the front. When the shield is in front, the robot’s movement speed is reduced by 20%
The Galahad’s high speed and physical shield makes for a great beacon runner with the shield on its side, as well as allowing it to close to the thick of battle. Its shield is reasonable when upgraded and being maneuverable when deployed allows you to avoid damage from multiple robots at close range, unlike a Rhino. That said, sustained fire from multiple Thunders or Plasma will break it quickly, so it's advised to still use cover and perform corner shooting.
On maps like Shenzhen one can easily move quickly towards the beacon while the shield protects you from the left side, which makes it function very much alike an Ecu. Very strong close range setups include 2 Magnums, Pinatas, or Aphids for the light hardpoints. For the medium hardpoints, an Orkan or a Taran work very well.
Overall, it is key that the pilot must use their shield wisely in order to correctly approach or attack enemies.
- New skin
- New skin
- Bug fix: No longer has difficulties firing while under the cover of its shield.
- The Galahad is one of 6 robots that has a built-in shield with the others being the Rhino, Raijin, Gareth, Bulgasari and the Lancelot.
- The Galahad was the first medium bot with a built-in physical shield. It is now joined by the Bulgasari, though the Bulgasari is only practically a heavy robot.
- The Galahad is named after Sir Galahad, a knight of King Arthur’s Round Table and one of the three achievers of the Holy Grail. He is the illegitimate son of Sir Lancelot and Elaine of Corbenic.
- Additionally, the Lancelot bot is named after Sir Lancelot, Galahad’s father.
|6||700,000||83,000||138,000||46||1 day 4 hours|
|7||1,000,000||88,000||146,000||47||1 day 9 hours|
|8||2,000,000||94,000||156,000||49||1 day 15 hours|
|9||5,000,000||100,000||166,000||50||1 day 23 hours|
|10||9,000,000||106,000||176,000||50||2 days 10 hours|
|11||16,000,000||113,000||188,000||50||3 days 3 hours|
|12||30,000,000||120,000||199,000||50||4 days 1 hour|
|Total||64,352,500||120,000||199,000||50||17 days 13 hours 20 minutes|