“…Highly mobile and relentless, Galahad makes both a great pursuer and a ferocious defender…” – in-game description
This robot has a physical shield which is placed on the robot’s left. The Galahad’s Phalanx mode ability lets it switch the shield from the side to the front. When the shield is in front, the robot’s movement speed is reduced by 20%, however, its front (where most damage is received) is now protected from bullets and plasma. However, its physical shield does not block splash damage and will itself be damaged by rockets as well.
The Galahad’s high speed and physical shield makes for a good beacon runner with the shield on its side, as well as allowing it to close-in to the thick of battle. Its shield is has solid durability when upgraded, and being maneuverable when deployed allows you to avoid damage from multiple robots at close range, unlike a Rhino. However, sustained fire from multiple Thunders or Plasma weapons will break it quickly, so it's advised to still use cover and perform corner shooting, as this robot excels at this, due to the hardpoint locations.
On maps like Shenzhen one can easily move quickly towards the beacon while the shield protects you from the left side, which makes it function very much alike an Ecu. Very strong close range setups include 2 Magnums, Pinatas, or Aphids for the light hardpoints. For the medium hardpoints, an Orkan or a Taran work very well.
Overall, it is key that the pilot uses their shield wisely in order to correctly approach or attack enemies.
These setups are recommended for the Galahad:
Note: Each slot type is filled with only one particular weapon. For example, if a robot has 3 light all three of those slots are filled with Pinatas, as mixing weapons of the same slot type is not advisable.
Close Range (350m or less)
|Slot Types →||Light Slot ↓||Medium Slot ↓|
|Setup 1 →|
|Setup 2 →|
|Setup 3 →|
|Setup 4 →|
|Setup 5 →|
- New skin
- New skin
- Bug fix: No longer has difficulties firing while under the cover of its shield.
- The Galahad is one of 6 robots that has a built-in shield with the others being the Rhino, Raijin, Gareth, Bulgasari and the Lancelot.
- If you look very closely at the cockpit, you will see a "smile" on the cockpit
- The Galahad was the first medium bot with a built-in physical shield. It is now joined by the Bulgasari, though the Bulgasari is only practically a heavy robot.
- The Galahad is named after Sir Galahad, a knight of King Arthur’s Round Table and one of the three achievers of the Holy Grail. He is the illegitimate son of Sir Lancelot and Elaine of Corbenic.
- Additionally, the Lancelot bot is named after Sir Lancelot, Galahad’s father.
|Level||Cost (Ag)||Health||Shield||Speed (km/h)||Time|
|6||700,000||83,000||138,000||46||1 day 4 hours|
|7||1,000,000||88,000||146,000||47||1 day 9 hours|
|8||2,000,000||94,000||156,000||49||1 day 15 hours|
|9||5,000,000||100,000||166,000||50||1 day 23 hours|
|10||9,000,000||106,000||176,000||50||2 days 10 hours|
|11||16,000,000||113,000||188,000||50||3 days 3 hours|
|12||30,000,000||120,000||199,000||50||4 days 1 hour|
|Total||64,352,500||120,000||199,000||50||17 days 13 hours 20 minutes|