Event is a time-limited minor change of game functionality, usually introduced at the time of celebrations\holidays; its main idea is to boost number of active online players for the period of time. Pixonic started a tradition of introducing events in 2016.
Typical event consists of the following:
- Introduction of novelty items (paintjobs, robots, weapons)
- Sale offers for some old or new stuff and\or currencies.
- Special "Event coins", which are earned during ANY battle, win or loose, in small amounts (typical 2~5 per battle) - only one event so far used Au instead of coins.
- Event chests - pretty much like Black Market. Prior to release 3.1 there was no Black Market, it was event-only activity.
- Event tasks - introduced during Anniversary 2017 event, it accompany Daily Tasks, and present pslayer the opportunity to earn a lot of Silver and valuable prizes; usually premium weapons and bots with paintjobs pre-applied. It is worth noting that paintjob cannot be re-applied to a different bot, so to use bot with paintjob player must upgrade newly acquired bot.
So far the following events were held by Pixonic:
New paintjobs, robots (Quick Draw trio), offers, robot ghosts and event chests were introduced. "Pumpkins" as the event currency.
New paintjobs, offers, and event chests were introduced. Quick Draw bots were there to get, too. "Snowflakes" as the event currency.
2017 Lunar new year
New paintjobs, offers, and event chests were introduced. Quick Draw bots were there to get, too. "Snowflakes" as the event currency. This event was basically a copy of the previous one.
2017 War Robots 3rd anniversary
Rogatka buff and redesign, Schutze redesign, new map - Moon, event tasks, offers, ability to buy Quick Draw bots for gold, and Au was used instead of event coins. It is worth noting that the Tempest was supposed to be introduced, as it can be seen on the rare advertisement video, which was taken down very fast:Event introduction video: Event tasks details and prizes list:
This event was by far the best in the history of WarRobots due to the following facts:
- Gold as an event currency - this means a lot more gold per battle can be won
- Very generous event prizes, a lot of Gold and WP prizes
- Lottery ROI was sky high. By investing ~5000-7000 Gold player could get back items\gold worth of 10,000-20,000 easily.
2017 Independence Day
New paintjobs, offers, and event chests were introduced. Quick Draw bots are now can be bought for the yet new currency - Influence Points. New weapon - Tempest, can be bought for 2500 coins or won in the lottery. "Event tokens" as the event currency. This event was basically a copy of the previous one, with lesser prizes.
Event introduction video:
Event tasks details and prizes list (percentage shows completed kills, caps, win by the task in relation to the total event amount):