What shield blocks what weapons, and the weaknesses of said shields.
There are two basic types of shields, physical and energy.
- The BritBots' Shields during Phalanx Mode (excluding Lancelot).
- The Raijin's Twin Shields during Bastion Mode.
- The Rhino's Main Shield during Assault Mode.
- All Energy weapons
- Punisher (Mk1 and Mk2)
- Molot (Mk2 and Mk2)
- All Homing Missiles (because homing missiles don't do splash damage.)
- Kang Dae
- Splash damage (damages both the shield and bot).
- Does not recover HP over time, unlike the Ancile.
- Only protects you from damage that hits the shield, the only protected side of your bot. This is especially true if Homing Missiles circle around the shield.
- Does not block any Energy weapons.
- Has less max HP at Lvl. 12 than an Ecu.
- Very expensive, as Anciles cost 1500 gold, and the mechs that have them built-in cost Workshop Points.
- Has a radius of protection unlike the Ecu. Despite being able to protect nearby mechs, it also absorbs many hits that would have missed in the first place.
- Thunders, due to the high DPS, easily wears down the shield. Same applies to Molots and Punishers, albeit a lesser scale.
- Very fast robots that can get inside the shield, it won't block any damage coming from inside it.