What shield blocks what weapons, and the weaknesses of said shields.
There are two basic types of shields, physical and energy.
- The BritBot' Shields.
- The Raijin's Twin Shields during Bastion Mode.
- The Rhino's Main Shield during Assault Mode.
- The Bulgasari's Shield.
- All Energy weapons
- Punisher (Mk1 and Mk2)
- Molot (Mk1 and Mk2)
- All Homing Missiles (because homing missiles don't do splash damage.)
- Kang Dae
- Splash damage (damages both the shield and bot).
- Does not recover HP over time, unlike the Ancile.
- Only protects you from damage that hits the shield, the only protected side of your bot. This is especially true if Homing Missiles circle around the shield or if someone hits you from the unprotected side of your robot.
- Kinetic weapons eg.punishers, molots, thunder and tempests do x2 damage to physical shields and can tear them down really fast (especially thunder)
- The Haechi's Built-In Ancile.
- The Carnage's Built-In Ancile.
- The Fujin's Ancile during Sentry Mode.
- Does not block any Energy weapons.
- Has less max HP at Lvl. 12 than an Ecu.
- Very expensive, as Anciles cost 1500 gold, and the mechs that have them built-in cost Workshop Points or Influence Points in the Haechi's case.
- Has a radius of protection unlike the Ecu. Despite being able to protect nearby mechs, it also absorbs many hits that would have missed in the first place.
- Thunders, due to the high DPS, easily wears down the shield. Same applies to Molots and Punishers, albeit a lesser scale.
- Very fast robots that can get inside the shield, it won't block any damage coming from inside it.