“…Equipped with a jump drive. Perfect for capturing beacons and flanking enemies…” – in-game description
This robot has the jump ability and above average speed, which allows it to do a good job of capturing beacons. However, its low health makes the robot vulnerable to heavy weapons that damage near-instantly such as the Thunder or the Trebuchet.
While it is true that the Cossack loses some of its use as the game progresses, it can still be of enormous tactical value if used with skill. As previously stated, it can be ripped apart very easily by almost anything, so pilots should make full use of its speed to avoid direct confrontation as much as possible, instead using it to swiftly take beacons that are more out of the way.
Equipping it with an Orkan can be great for corner-peeking and damaging heavier bots from behind. This allows it to expose itself for a minimal period of time. A more controversial, but effective setup would be the use of an Ecu shield, which grants the Cossack extra protection, at the cost of firepower. With this setup, the Cossack is capable of either dodging or blocking fire from almost every weapon and makes for an amazing beacon-capper. the Ecu setup does, however, require a great deal of map knowledge and situational awareness to be effective though.
- When equipped with an Ecu, It will be able to shield itself from fire, more specifically, sniper fire. This allows the Cossack to become an amazing beacon capper, but it loses the ability to defend itself.
- A Taran is a good weapon for beacon capturing and Hit-And-Run attacks, allowing the pilot to rain down plasma and then quickly escape. However, in higher leagues, an Orkan or Ecu is recommended instead.
- Do not engage in combat on your own, as the Cossack's low HP can be quickly depleted if encountering Knife-fighters or Death-buttons. Moreover, Sniper fire can cripple the Cossack. You should flank enemies with another teammate (preferably a medium or heavy robot, though another light may still work) and also outmaneuver them.
- New skin
- Speed at level 4 and 5 increased by 10%.
- Bug fix: Its jump will depend only on deviation degree of the motion controller.
- Wields a medium weapon slot. Light and medium weapons can be equipped.
- Cossack translates to horseman, or cavalry in Russian.
- Cossack’s head strongly resembles Russian attack helicopter Mil Mi-24 “Hind” (except Mi-24A).
- In very early versions, the Cossack only had a light hardpoint due to medium hardpoints not existing at the time.
- This is the only light robot to have the Jump ability
- The Cossack has the lowest health of any robot in the current game
|10||4,000,000||69,000||58||1 days 4 hours|
|11||8,000,000||73,000||58||1 days 12 hours|
|12||15,000,000||78,000||58||2 days 2 hours|
|Total||31,585,000||78,000||58||8 days 10 hours 5 minutes|