“…Equipped with a jump drive. Perfect for capturing beacons and flanking enemies…” – in-game description
This robot has the Jump ability and above average speed, which allows it to do a good job of capturing beacons. However, the low health makes this robot vulnerable to all weapons. The Jump ability allows the Cossack to travel longer distances in a shorter amount of time and to dodge enemy fire. This allows it to be an effective beacon capper and skirmisher. The Jump ability allows it to also ambush opponents, to go over or onto obstacles to gain higher ground, and to avoid or retreat from battles that it can't win.
While it is true that the Cossack loses some of its appeal as the game progresses, it can still have tactical value if used with skill. As previously stated, it can be ripped apart very easily by almost anything, so pilots should make full use of its speed to avoid direct confrontation as much as possible, instead using it to swiftly take beacons that are more out of the way.
Engaging in combat is not recommended, as the Cossack's low HP can be quickly depleted if encountering knife-fighters or death-buttons. Moreover, sniper fire can cripple the Cossack. You should flank enemies with another teammate and outmaneuver them.
These setups are recommended for the Cossack:
Close Range (350m or less)
The use of the Punisher T is common in the beginner leagues, due to being cheap and an effective damage dealer. Another effective setup would be the use of an Ecu, which grants the Cossack extra protection, particularly from sniper fire, at the cost of having no firepower. With this setup, the Cossack is capable of either dodging or blocking fire from almost every weapon, which makes it good at capturing beacons. However, it requires a great deal of map knowledge and situational awareness to be effective though.
Tarans and Orkans are good weapon choices for hit-and-run attacks, allowing the pilot to rain down plasma or rockets, and then quickly escape, however there are better options to mount these weapons on.
- The use mid-range or long-range weaponry, due to dealing low damage, however more expensive weaponry can deal more, but there are better options to use these on. These types of weapon don't effectively fit its role as an early beacon capturer, as the protection of an Ecu, or the extra damage from a close range weapon is recommended.
- The use of more valuable equipment, because of better options for equipping these weapons to.
|10||5,000,000||69,000||58||1 day 7 hours|
|11||8,000,000||73,000||58||1 day 18 hours|
|12||13,000,000||78,000||58||2 days 9 hours|
|Total||31,970,000||+39,000||+14||8 days 13 hours 35 minutes|
|10||5,000,000||82,800||58||1 day 7 hours|
|11||8,000,000||87,600||58||1 day 18 hours|
|12||13,000,000||93,600||58||2 days 9 hours|
|Total||31,970,000||+46,800||+12||8 days 13 hours 35 minutes|
|4.0||Economy Changes (July 5):|
|Total Upgrade Cost: 31,585,000 Ag⟶31,970,000 Ag|
|Total Upgrade Time: 8 days 10 hours 5 minutes⟶8 days 13 hours 35 minutes|
|0.6.3||Speed at level 4 and 5 increased by 10%.|
|0.4.0||Bug fix: Its jump will depend only on deviation degree of the motion controller.|
Wields a medium weapon slot (formerly a light weapon slot).
|0.2.0||Robot was added to the game|
Paint Jobs Available For Purchase
- Cossack translates to horseman, or cavalry in Russian.
- The Cossack’s head strongly resembles Russian attack helicopter Mil Mi-24 “Hind” (except Mi-24A).
- In very early versions, the Cossack only had a light hardpoint due to medium hardpoints not existing at the time.
- This is the only light robot to have the Jump ability.
- The Cossack has the lowest health of any robot in the current game.