“…Equipped with a jump drive. Perfect for capturing beacons and flanking enemies…” – in-game description
The Cossack is a Light Robot with 1 medium hardpoint and the jump ability. Having the third fastest max speed in the game (tied with the Gepard), it can dodge long range sniper fire and weave in and out to capture beacons with ease.
The Cossack’s jump ability is shared with only the Heavy Griffin and the Medium Rogatka. The Cossack does a very good job of capturing beacons. This is due to its speed and ability to jump. However, its low health makes the robot vulnerable to heavy weapons that damage near-instantly such as the Thunder or the Trebuchet.
While it is true that the Cossack loses some of its use as the game progresses, it can still be of enormous tactical value if used with skill. As previously stated, it can be ripped apart very easily by almost anything, so pilots should make full use of its agility and speed to avoid direct confrontation as much as possible, instead using it to swiftly take beacons that are more out of the way.
Equipping it with an Orkan can be great for corner-peeking and damaging heavier bots from behind. This allows it to expose itself for a minimal period of time. A more controversial, but effective setup would be the use of an Ecu shield, which grants the Cossack extra protection, at the cost of firepower. With this setup, the Cossack is capable of either dodging or blocking fire from almost every weapon, and makes for an amazing beacon-capper. the Ecu setup does, however, require a great deal of map knowledge and situational awareness to be effective though.
Overall, the Cossack is a great robot to use to cap beacons and gain a tactical advantage against the enemy.
- When equipped with an Ecu, It will be able to shield itself from fire, more specifically, sniper fire. This allows the Cossack to become an amazing beacon capper, but it loses the ability to defend itself.
- A Taran is a good weapon for beacon capturing and Hit-And-Run attacks, allowing the pilot to rain down plasma and then quickly escape. However, in higher leagues, an Orkan or Ecu is recommended instead.
- Do not engage in combat on your own, as the Cossack's low HP can be quickly depleted if encountering Knife-fighters or Death-buttons. Moreover, Sniper fire can cripple the Cossack. You should flank enemies with another teammate (preferably a medium or heavy robot) and also outmaneuvre them.
- Cossack translates to horseman, or cavalry in Russian.
- Cossack’s head strongly resembles Russian attack helicopter Mil Mi-24 “Hind” (except Mi-24A).
- In extremely early versions, the Cossack only had a light hardpoint.
|10||4,000,000||69,000||58||1 days 4 hours|
|11||8,000,000||73,000||58||1 days 12 hours|
|12||15,000,000||78,000||58||2 days 2 hours|
|Total||31,585,000||78,000||58||8 days 10 hours 5 minutes|