“…A dangerous dead-eye stocked up on firepower, well-prepared for both mid and long-ranged encounters…” – in-game description
Butch is one of the most expensive bots in the game, valued at 100 US dollars, and considered the one best prizes to win in any event. Though it recently was ousted by the dash bots and the Inquisitor in terms of price and quality. Butch is one of three Quick Draw bots (alongside Jesse and Doc) , all of which are available for purchase with Influence Points (IP).
With 4 heavy weapon hardpoints, strategies include bearing four of a kind, using the Quick Draw ability to exploit reload times, or mix ranges between the two weapon sets to control as much area as possible. This allows Butch to be a brilliant sniper bot, only limited by low base stats.
As for setups, most common and the most expensive one to equip is quad Trebuchet, providing unparalleled firepower with almost zero reload time per burst, or mid/long range weapons in combination with Tempest, Tridents or Zeus'. It is, however, not advised to equip only fast-reloading weapons such as the Zeus or Ember, as the long cooldown of the quick draw ability counteracts the fast reload times.
The Butch is a poor knife fighter due to slow speed, big frame, and poor health.
Butch, arguably, is the most heavily armed robot in the game. With the Quick Draw ability, it is theoretically capable of dealing more damage per cycle than a Fury, but the Quick Draw's long recharge time generally reduces the amount of damage Butch can output.
3.0.0 - Speed increased by 10%
2.5.0 - Ability cooldown and animation time reduced
2.4.0 - Butch was added to the game
- Butch is named after Robert Leroy Parker (April 13, 1866 – November 7, 1908), better known as Butch Cassidy. He was a notorious American train robber, bank robber, and leader of the Wild Bunch Gang in the American Old West.
- Butch is unable to equip an Ancile due to the Ancile theoretically being able to be used even when "put away", resulting in a bot that has 2 heavy weapons and a very powerful energy shield. This is probably why Pixonic made it so it can't equip Ancile due to it being too overpowered.
- It is also possible that Pixonic wants to avoid to have players equipping 4 Anciles on the same bot, resulting in an almost invincible mobile energy wall that can be only destroyed with Energy weapons.
- Butch was released during the 2016 Christmas event, was also available as a token purchase on the 27th of January to the 12th of February and was available for gold in 3rd Anniversary event, starting from April, 28th 2017; then finally, on 7th on June was finally released for IP
- Holstered weapon can be "shot off" in a fight as well as active one, due to critical damage.
- While a player can buy Butch bot for only $100 worth of real life money, wild-west life price for Butch Cassidy's head was a lot higher, hitting $3500 or even more at times.
- This bot rivals the fury in terms of firepower
- This bot has a natural speed of 39 kph, making it the second fastest heavy bot, second only to the inquisitor who ends up with 40 kph
|7||1m||125,000||36||1d 8h 46m 40s|
|Total||54,870,000||185,000||39||19d 23h 51m 40s|