“…Make a doll out of steamed rice. Feed it with needles. Maybe you'll get something as majestic as this beast eventually... if you're persistent enough.…” – in-game description
The Dash ability gives it the capability of a quick burst of movement in any given direction. It shares this ability with the other two Korean robots, and the Strider. The Bulgasari can store two Dash charges. It also has the slowest speed and the slowest ability cooldown (15 seconds) of the four.
The Bulgasari is the only robot with the Dash ability to also have a built-in physical shield, which is attached to its left side.
The Bulgasari possesses three medium hardpoints, tied with the Haechi. The combination of its high firepower, solid health, strong physical shield, and Dash ability, can make this robot very hard to eliminate. This robot is built to support multiple play-styles, including, ambush, brawling, and mid-range support.
Its major weakness is its inability to block rocket weapons. Tridents, Tulumbases, and Pins are the safest way to pressure the Bulgasari. If using a brawling robot, Orkans can be a major threat to this robot.
Because the Bulgasari is the least usual of the three robots, it must be piloted differently.
Things to keep in mind:
- The shield is located on the side, which it covers a good deal of, but it is still best to turn its torso to block plasma damage. The shield does not extend far beyond the bot's torso, resulting in a seemingly small shield giving near total protection.
- Its shield is the most durable in the game, making it extremely reliable. Don't be afraid to use it constantly.
- The robot possesses average speed and the shortest Dash, so is cannot withstand prolonged or close-range Rocket fire.
These setups are effective for the Bulgasari:
Note: Each slot type is filled with only one particular weapon. For example, if a robot has 3 light all three of those slots are filled with Pinatas, as mixing weapons of the same slot type is not advisable.
Close Range (350m or less)
|Slot Types →||Medium Slot ↓|
|#Slots →||x3||Name ↓|
|Setup 1 →||Death Button|
|Setup 2 →||Plasma Death Button|
|Setup 3 →||Shotgun|
|Slot Types →||Medium Slot ↓|
|#Slots →||x3||Name (If Applicable) ↓|
|Setup 1 →||Shockasari|
|Setup 2 →||Scourgasari|
|Setup 3 →|
The Bulgasari is best used as a close-range attacker and mid-range suppressor, where it can make the most of its physical shield, Dash ability and health.
Counter-sniper: The physical shield plus average speed allow the Bulgasari to advance under heavy Trebuchet, Gekko, Zeus, Dragoon, Hydra, and Molot fire, even combined attack from several snipers. Dashes are to be used for final close-in and kill of enemy snipers. Usage of such weapons like Taran or Orkan is advised.
Central beacon capturer: On sniper-infested maps like Yamantau, Canyon and, to a lesser extent, Springfield, it is a good choice of robot to capture the center beacon while staying alive, its only weakness being its inability to equip Anciles. After the center beacon is captured, the robot can be used to harass enemy snipers, or be used as a mid-range support robot.
Ancilot (Lancelot with mounted Ancile) or Carnage counter: Again, the use of the shield allows closing into a fully upgraded Tarancilot (Lancelot with an Ancile and two Tarans), and Dash neutralizes use of Rush Abilities. Once the Bulgasari dashes inside an Ancile, it can bring its impressive arsenal to bear. Usage of Orkans highly advised.
Mid-ranger: With the ability to dash in and out of fire range, the Bulgasari is the ideal bot to use the Shocktrain or Ion to harass the enemy, while deflecting sniper fire with its shield, when weapons are on reload.
Non-LOS (line of sight) weaponry platform: The easiest usage of the Bulgasari for inexperienced players is the Hydra or Scourge platform, as these weapons can be fired while the shield is facing the enemy. For higher league players, using the Scourge is recommended.
Lastly, it is also commonly equipped with 3 Shocktrains, using the dash in and out of cover tactic, and taking advantage of position of it hardpoints, to shoot over and around cover.
- Long range weaponry, due to the medium slot lacking any effective long-range weapons, furthermore and it would be outgunned in this role by robots such as the Fury.
|Total||198,700,000||+93,000||+150,000||+10||64 days 17 hours|
|Total||198,700,000||+111,600||+179,000||+10||64 days 17 hours|
|4.0||Economy Changes (July 5):|
|Value (USD): $225⟶$100|
|Total Upgrade Cost: 53,770,000⟶198,700,000|
|Total Upgrade Time: 19 days 23 hours 51 minutes⟶64 days 17 hours|
|3.6.0||New skin: Dragon Scale (Chinese New Year)|
|3.1||Robot was added to the game|
Paint Jobs Available For Purchase
- This robot has the second longest name out of any robot in the game with 9 letters in it (short of the Inquisitor's 10 letters)
- Pixonic stated that they are "moving away from light, medium, heavy classification" starting with the "Dash Bots".
- It has the most durable physical shield out of any robot in the game, followed by the Rhino
- According to a Korean language dictionary, the Bulgasari looks like its, 'body is a bear's, nose is an elephant's, eye is a rhino's, fur is needle, tail is a cow's, leg is a tiger's.
- For more Info and Bulgasari images: http://01072687117.blogspot.in/2013/04/bulgasari.html
- This robot is dubbed a "Dash Bot" due to its ability.