“…Provides composite protection against firearms and missile weapons. Does not protect against energy weapons. Forms a protective sphere that affects all robots within its area of effect. Upon taking damage shield loses capacity that regenerates over time…” – in-game description
Unlike the Écu, this device projects an energy field around the player, protecting not just the player, but any allies who are within the field. When being shot at by conventional weaponry, an electric blue honeycomb pattern can be seen in the direction of the shooter. Shield regenerate by 3% per second.
After shield is depleted by enemy fire to 0, it needs to regenerate 20% of it's capacity in order to reactivate.
Both the Carnage and the Fūjin have energy shields that function almost identically to the Ancile, although the Carnage's shield regenerates at 1% and with reactivation threshold being 10%
As the energy field is rather large (35m), Anciles are vulnerable to spread projectile weapons like Thunder or Punisher, because all bullets hitting the shield will drain it. That is, a Thunder at 500m distance would do only minimal damage to a robot, but can take down an ancile with just a few shots. In addition to that, Thunder can hit a robot's shield even at 530 meters, because range is being calculated to the robot, which is the center of the shield's bubble.
Also, because of its large size, enemy bots can walk inside the shield and cause a lot of damage without having to destroy the shield in the first place. Always make sure to frequently check if anyone is flanking you, as you are most vulnerable when your back is turned.
Pixonic FAQ controversy:
As on June, 17th 2017 it seems that either on Pixonic FAQ site or in-game description is wrong. As in-game description is updated more frequent and there were less facts of misinformation, in-game numbers are taken as correct.
Numbers in the table represents in-game version.
|Level||Health||HP / Second||Cost||Time|
|4||45,000||1350||96K||2 hours 24 minutes|
|7||59,000||1770||1.9M||1 day 16 hours|
|8||65,000||1950||3.6M||2 day 2 hours|
|9||71,000||2130||7.2M||2 day 12 hours|
|10||78,000||2340||12M||3 day 1 hour|
|11||86,000||2550||19M||4 days 4 hours|
|12||95,000||2850||31M||5 days 17 hours|
- The Ancile was introduced as part of the update 0.8.4
- In ancient Rome, the Ancile was a divine shield said to have fallen from the heavens. Eleven replicas were made in order to confuse thieves trying to steal the actual shield.
- The Ancile is no longer the rarest weapon to be seen on the battlefield in the game. This is due to the recent buff to it, the fact that it counter the midrange splash meta well, and that Ancilots, Lancelots with an Ancile are near unstoppable.
- Before Update 1.4.1, energy shields, including the Ancile, blocked friendly fire, though it did not drain from the shield. If an ally shot from within the field, the shot went through like normal. As with enemy energy weapons, friendly energy weapon fire was able to pass through the shield.
- Ancile cannot be equipped on any of Butch's hardpoint.